We handle cybersecurity incidents in order to defend FCSE's network.
We handle these types of incidents:
- Incidents which threat the security of FCSE's network infrastructure.
(These include DoS attacks, password breaks, port scanning, etc.)
- Attacks on users of FCSE's network and services.
(For example phishing or e-mail scams.)
- Other cybersecurity incidents which are relevant to FCSE.
What we do not solve for you:
- When your antimalware software finds infected file.
- Receiving spam.
- When you can not log in to a computer in the classroom.
- "Odd" behavior of computer.
- Theft of IT with important data.
Our advice is: do not underestimate prevention. Common sense and basic knowledge about cybersecurity will protect you from the most problems.
Are you not sure?
We do not expect you to be a cyber security expert. That is our job. Therefore, if you are unsure whether a security incident falls into one of the categories we deal with, please report it.
Report an Incident
Instructions for incident reporting:
- Use only the communication channels listed on this page to report an incident.
- Your incident report should be sent from University address.
- Information that should be included in your incident report (if possible):
- your identity (name, Personal ID (učo) , ...),
- a brief but complete description of the problem,
- the domain name of the affected machine and the type of incident (if you know),
- you can also attach an attachment to the report. For an example, in case of e-mail incidents (eg. phishing), attach the original e-mail including complete headers.